Ideal Innovations, Inc.
Ideal Innovations, Inc. (I-3) is seeking Forensic Technician for employment as civilian contractor supporting US military activity in laboratory setting on-base in Afghanistan.
I3 has very competitive salaries and a generous benefits package. Free food, lodging, and transportation provided for all tours.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Process various types of evidence for latent prints;
- Enhance visible latent prints; identify and label latent prints of value on evidence to be photographed;
- Photograph prints utilizing various specialized techniques for optimal product;
- Collect and preserve possible DNA evidence;
- Maintain and document the chain of custody of evidence; prepare detailed reports on processes performed and results obtained;
- Train personnel in the area of latent prints;
- Prepare detailed written reports of processes performed on evidence and results; and
- Provide input and establish policies and procedures that contribute to the efficiency of the operation.
- Two (2) years of full time work experience in the skillsets listed below.
- Have experience in the scientific analysis of evidence for the presence of latent prints and processing a multitude of different surfaces through the use of various forensic light sources, physical and chemical means;
- Possess latent print photography skill-sets;
- Possess the knowledge to be able to identify, isolate and collect DNA evidence;
- Be proficient in the use of various chemicals and powders (wet and dry) while processing porous and non-porous items for latent prints in a laboratory setting;
- Be proficient in obtaining known inked prints and major case prints; have the ability to differentiate between an identifiable latent print and a non-identifiable latent print;
- Possess the ability to teach classes and brief information pertaining to obtaining known prints, palms and major case prints;
- Have intermediate level competency in PhotoShop and Microsoft Office Suite programs (Word, Excel, and Outlook);
- Be able to work well in a team environment; possess excellent organizational skills;
- Must be able to meet the following physical demands:
- Government requirements for medical fitness
- Work approximately 12 hours per day, seven days a week for extended periods of time
- Attend pre-deployment training
- Lift 70 lbs. to a working height of 48 inches
- General office and laboratory duties/functions
- Be willing to rotationally deploy to Afghanistan for a minimum of six months to a year;
- Be able to obtain and maintain US Secret Clearance and US Passport; and
Forensic Technicians trained to competency in a state or federal ASCLD/LAB and/or ISO accredited laboratory, with recent Forensic Technician employment experience, are preferred.
Please apply online at our website, idealinnovations.com, in the Careers Section.