Ideal Innovations, Inc.
Latent Print Examiner
Ideal Innovations, Inc. (I-3) is seeking Latent Print Examiners for employment as civilian contractors supporting US military activity on-base in a laboratory setting in Afghanistan.
I-3 has very competitive salaries and a generous benefits package. Free food, lodging, and transportation provided for all tours.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- perform technical and analytical tasks in the documentation, collection, processing, preservation of friction ridge detail;
- scientifically assess materials of evidentiary value to determine the best methodology for developing and preserving friction ridge detail;
- analyze, compare and evaluate friction ridge detail to determine positive identification or exclusion;
- process various types of evidence for friction ridge detail;
- enhance visible friction ridge detail;
- identify and label friction ridge detail of value on evidence to be photographed;
- verify the identification or exclusion of friction ridge detail conclusions by other examiners;
- prepare detailed technical reports on results of the examinations conducted;
- maintain and document the chain of custody of evidence;
- detect, collect and preserve possible DNA and Trace evidence; and
- train personnel in the area of latent prints.
- be trained to competency as a latent print examiner with 5 years of related work experience;
- have provided expert testimony in court regarding latent prints;
- be able to utilize the ACE-V methodology to match friction ridge detail;
- be proficient in processing porous and non-porous items for friction ridge detail; have experience processing evidence with chemicals, powders and forensic light sources in a laboratory setting;
- be proficient in obtaining known inked prints and major case prints;
- possess the ability to teach classes and brief information pertaining to the detection, development, preservation, identification and exclusion of friction ridge detail;
- have current certification by the International Association for Identification (IAI) as a Latent Print Examiner or successfully obtain certification within 1 year of eligibility;
- be able to successfully pass proficiency testing prior to and annually thereafter during employment with the company;
- have intermediate level competency in PhotoShop and Microsoft Office Suite programs (Word, Excel, and Outlook); be able to work well in a team environment; possess excellent organizational skills;
- Must be able to meet the following physical demands:
- Government requirements for medical fitness
- Work approximately 12 hours per day, seven days a week for extended periods of time
- Attend pre-deployment training (general & job-specific)
- Lift 70 lbs. to a working height of 48 inches
- General office and laboratory duties/functions
- Be willing to rotationally deploy to Afghanistan for a minimum of six months to a year; and
- Be able to obtain and maintain a US Secret Clearance and US Passport.
Desired: knowledge of AFIS database operations and exposure to Universal Latent Workstation (ULW). CLPEs trained to competency in a state or federal ASCLD/LAB or ISO accredited laboratory, with recent Latent Print Examiner employment experience, are preferred.
Please apply online at our website, idealinnovations.com, in the Careers Section.